Announcements Archives: 2017
- Web Notice: Final Rule in the Federal Register (01.10.17)
The Directorate of Defense Trade Controls has published a Final Rule in the Federal Register. The International Trade Data System, Public Notice 9811, is viewable on the Federal Register's public inspection webpage at https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2016-31655.pdf. This Final Rule is effective beginning December 31, 2016.
- Web Notice: IT System: Modernization Webinar - February Industry Meeting on DECCS Release #2 (01.08.17)
This webinar provides an overview of DECCS release #2, as well as a question and answer session. The webinar will be held on Thursday February 23, 2017 from 11:30am - 12:30pm (Eastern). To view the webinar click here Toll Free Number (for audio): 877-336-1829; Access Code: 730 7668
- Federal Register Notice: Notice of Inquiry; Request for Comments Regarding United States Munitions List Category XII (01.13.17)
As part of the President's Export Control Reform (ECR) initiative, the Department of State, the Department requests public comment on (1) alternatives
to controls on certain items when "specially designed for a military end user," (2) the scope of the control in paragraph (b)(1), and (3) certain technical parameters that the Department is evaluating to replace "specially designed" controls. The Department of State will accept comments on this Notice of
Inquiry until March 14, 2017.
Click here to read
- Federal Register Notice: Final Rule; Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Revision of U.S. Munitions List Category XV (01.10.17)
Click here to read.
- Industry Notice: Modifications due to the Inauguration Day holiday (01.20.17)
Inauguration Day falls on Friday, January 20, 2017, and is a legal public holiday only for Federal employees who work in the "Inauguration Day area" (defined in law as the District of Columbia, Montgomery and Prince George's Counties in Maryland, Arlington and Fairfax Counties in Virginia, and the cities of Alexandria and Falls Church in Virginia). (See 5 U.S.C. 6103(c).) As such DDTC offices will be closed on January 20, 2017.
- The DDTC's 3:00 PM drop-off/pick-up in the second floor lobby for Friday, January 20, 2017 is cancelled.
- The DDTC Response Team and DDTC Help Desk will not be taking calls or responding to emails on Friday, January 20, 2017.
- Web Notice: USML Category XV Final Rule, effective January 15, 2017, to be published in the Federal Register (01.06.17)
The Directorate of Defense Trade Controls expects to publish a Final Rule in the Federal Register revising USML Category XV soon. The rule is titled Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Revision of U.S. Munitions List Category XV, Public Notice 9688. Once published in the Federal Register, DDTC anticipates this Final Rule will be effective on January 15, 2017. An unofficial copy of the final rule is available here. Please consult the Federal Register for an official copy of the final rule, including its effective date.
Click here for a web notice regarding the Department of Commerce signed final rule that was also delivered to the Federal Register for publication, Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Spacecraft Systems and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control under the United States Munitions List (USML), RIN 0694-AG59.
- Federal Register Notice: International Traffic in Arms Regulations: International Trade Data System, Reporting (01.03.17)
The Department of State amends the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to enable U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to implement the national Trade Data System (ITDS), which will allow businesses to electronically submit the data required to import or export cargo, as provided by Executive Order 13659 and the Security and Accountability for Every Port Act of 2006 (SAFE Port Act).
Click here to read