Effective January 1, 2014, all registration applications must be submitted electronically to the DDTC using the Electronic Form Submission (EFS) process.
To download and upload the DS-2032 Statement of Registration ("DS-2032"), you MUST use:
- Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, or 9.0 (and 10.0 in compatibility mode)
- Browsers other than Internet Explorer (e.g., Chrome, Firefox) are NOT compatible with the DS-2032
To open and complete the DS-2032, you MUST use:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8, 9, or X (10)
A complete registration package consists of:
- The payment of applicable registration fees before submitting the DS-2032.
- Payment may be via wire transfer (FEDWIRE) or automated clearinghouse (ACH) - Click here for information on electronic payment.
- In making the payment, your bank must process the correct type of transaction - wire-transfer data will not work for ACH, and vice versa.
- The completed unsigned DS-2032 Statement of Registration
- "Unsigned" refers to the completed DS-2032 before signature.
- When submitted, the unsigned pdf will be used to update your company's information in the DDTC's database.
- Supporting documentation, including:
- Documentation issued or endorsed by a government authority enabling the registrant to engage in business in the U.S. (e.g., articles of incorporation, articles of organization, partnership agreement) or in a foreign country. Note: If this documentation is in a foreign language, the registrant must include an English translation.
- Electronic payment confirmation (typically, a scanned copy of the confirmation from your bank).
- Annual brokering report (for broker registration renewals only).
- Organizational chart, if applicable, showing the relationship among the company's parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, or multiple divisions or facilities. An internal organizational chart (i.e., showing responsibilities or reporting relationships of individuals or offices within the company) may be helpful but is not required.
- The "Other Amplifying Data" box on the DS-2032 should only be selected if you have supporting documents that are not specifically prompted by EFS (e.g., a Federal Firearms License).
- The completed signed DS-2032.
- The form will not accept electronic signatures. Do not attempt to use an electronic signature.
- Once completed, the unsigned version of the form must be printed, signed in ink, scanned back into your computer as a separate document, and saved in its entirety in pdf format.
- The ink signature is required in order to make the registration application official, and this complete, signed version must be submitted as an additional document in your registration package. The individual signing the DS-2032 must be someone listed as a U.S. senior officer in Block 7 of the DS-2032. Only a foreign (non-U.S.) broker registration may be signed by a foreign senior officer listed in Block 7.
Preparing and Submitting the DS-2032 Registration Package
- Open the DS-2032 and save it to your computer before completing the form. Line-by-line instructions for completing the form are provided here. Save the completed form on your computer.
- Print out a hard copy of the completed DS-2032, hand-sign in ink, then scan the entire signed form, and save it on your computer as a pdf.
- Scan and save a copy of the payment confirmation from your bank to your computer as a pdf file.
- Scan and save a copy of your documentation issued or endorsed by a government authority enabling the registrant to engage in business in the U.S. (or in a foreign country) as a pdf file.
- Scan and save the annual brokering report or other supporting documents, if applicable, to your computer as a pdf file.
- Go to EFS and follow the instructions and prompts. EFS will direct you to upload the appropriate documents necessary for your registration application and provide instructions on how to transmit your registration package. Additional guidance regarding step-by-step instructions and the submission of the DS-2032 using EFS is available via: (1) the EFS Help Document ; and (2) frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Once you have accessed EFS and entered the required information, attachments MUST be uploaded in the following order:
- First, attach the unsigned version of the DS-2032. You will receive an "Error 21" screen message if you try to upload your signed, scanned version of the DS-2032 first.
- Second, attach support documentation. Based on the selections in Block 12 ("Statement of Registration: Additional Supporting Documentation") of the DS-2032, EFS will highlight (in red) documents that must be uploaded with your registration package. Please upload the correct document at the appropriate time. Only select "Other Amplifying Data" if you have supporting documents that are not specifically prompted by EFS (e.g., a Federal Firearms License).
- Third, upload the signed pdf copy of the DS-2032.
- Once all the required attachments are uploaded, the 'submit' button will become active.
- After successfully submitting your registration package, an "Electronic Forms Submission Receipt" containing a transaction number will be displayed on your screen. Please save this confirmation as proof of submission. If the system does not generate a receipt, please contact the DTrade Help Desk.
If you have questions about how to complete the registration package, please contact the DDTC Response Team at 202-663-1282 or DDTCResponseTeam@State.gov. In addition, you may contact the DDTC Response Team 48 hours after your submission to confirm that your application was successfully transmitted.
If you experience technical/computer problems in the course of preparing your application, please contact the DTrade Help Desk at 202-663-2838 or DTradeHelpDesk@state.gov.
Note: Once the registration process is complete, which takes an average of 45 days, a registration complete letter will be sent electronically to the e-mail address provided in the Electronic Correspondence section in Block 12 of the DS-2032.